Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training
Led by Fire Battalion Chief and CERT Program Manager David Cosgrave, our CERT classes are offered with special local emphasis on potential Coastside emergencies.
All training is free. Upcoming 2020 classes:
- Summer CERT Basic Training Dates: July 15, 18, 19
- Fall CERT Basic Training Dates: September TBD
CERT Basic Training Overview
The CERT Basic Training course is the FEMA 20-24 hour classroom + hands-on basic emergency preparedness and response skills training class consisting of one weekday evening after work and two weekend days taught at Coastside Fire House 40, 1191 Main St, Half Moon Bay.
CERT Basic Training covers the following topics in 9 modules:
- Disaster Preparedness
- Fire Safety and Utility Controls
- Disaster Medical Operations 1
- Disaster Medical Operations 2
- Light Search & Rescue Operations
- CERT Organization
- Disaster Psychology
- Terrorism and CERT
- Course Review, Final Exam, and Disaster Simulation
CERT Manual (English): https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/27403
CERT Manual (Spanish): https://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/27904
Location: Coastside Fire House 40, 1191 Main St, Half Moon Bay.
Summer CERT Basic Training July 2020
The Summer CERT 2020 session can accommodate 30 people at Fire Station 40 on 1191 Main Street, Half Moon Bay. Please read the prerequisite information below about IS-317.
Email us at email@example.com to sign up.
Day 1 Wednesday, July 15 6-9pm
Day 2 Saturday, July 18 9am-5pm
Day 3 Saturday, July 19 9am-5pm
Prerequisite: IS-317 Online Course
Prior to signing up for one of the CERT Basic Training courses, you must complete the FEMA IS-317 course “Introduction to Community Emergency Response Teams.”
Completing the IS-317 reduces the number of classroom teaching by four hours and helps the class move along more quickly.
- Take your time going through the training portion. No one is monitoring when you come in and out of the units; no one reads what you write when they suggest you write - it is all for your own benefit.
- Follow the links to get your FEMA SID# before you begin the to study the final Lesson 6 Course Summary section so that right after doing a careful review of the summary you can immediately take the final exam.
- The final exam has 40 questions and must be taken all at the same time.
- Passing is 75% correct answers.
- When you pass the exam your completion certificate will appear shortly in your specified email.
Action Required: Forward your completion certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a class confirmation email.